A western swing band formed in 1934 that established themselves by their regular playing on Station KVOO and the Playroom Ballroom, Tulsa, Oklahoma. They comprised Don Ivey (piano, guitar), Eldon Shamblin (guitar), Charlie Laughton (trumpet), Ray DeGeer (saxophone) and Harley Huggins (lead vocals, guitar). Ivey previously played with Bob Wills’ Texas Playboys and was the originator of the band but left after disagreements with KVOO’s Programme Director. In 1937, Dave Edwards became leader but soon afterwards, Laughton, DeGeer and Shamblin joined Wills. In December that year the band, comprising Huggins, Doc Eastwood (banjo), Darrell Jones (bass), Bud McDonald (guitar), Keith Payne (drums), Carl Rainwater (steel guitar), Guy Thompson and Louis Tierney (fiddles) and Mancel Tierney (piano), but without brass instruments, recorded 15 sides for Decca Records in Dallas. Although billed as Dave Edwards And His Alabama Boys, Edwards took no part in the session and Huggins, for some reason, did not sing, the vocals being taken by McDonald and Thompson. Seven singles gained release but disappointments and disharmony soon saw the group disband, with most of the members joining the bands of either Bob or Johnnie Lee Wills.