The Stars of Faith were the principal Clara Ward Singers who recorded with Ward on Savoy throughout much of the '50s. The break came in 1958 when Herman Lubinsky encouraged Marion Williams (the driving force behind The Wards) to strike out on their own. Fellow defectors at the time were Francis Steadman, second lead, Kitty Parham, third lead, Henrietta Waddy, and Esther Ford, who was later replaced by Mattie Williams. It's great rousing devil-chasin' gospel from long unavailable choice sides on various labels (cassette only).
Share this page