By the mid '70s, the Rolling Stones were easing into their second decade, something that was uncharted territory for the still somewhat relatively nascent genre of rock and roll. The Beatles had been toast for years, most of their British Invasion counterparts had fallen off the map, and Elvis only had a few years left on the planet. Prog had grabbed a chunk of the rock audience, disco captured the minds of the more dance-oriented, and punk and hip-hop were inbound. But the Stones were still chugging along with albums like Goats Head Soup and It's Only Rock 'n' Roll and continuing to tour extensively. They'd have mixed success with some records in this era, then surge at the end of the decade and the start of the next with Some Girls and Tattoo You.
This month a pair of live sets from this era, branded as "From the Vault," are being issued by Eagle Rock: one is a show from the L.A. Forum in 1975, the other from Virginia in 1981, and AllMusic is going to give two of our readers both sets. Keep reading to find out how to enter for a chance to win.
Two winners will receive: 1 copy of From the Vault: L.A. Forum - Live in 1975 on CD/DVD and 1 copy of From the Vault: Hampton Coliseum - Live in 1981 on CD/DVD.
It's easy to enter to win. Just choose ONE of the two options below, and you're entered.
1) Log in with your AllMusic account—or sign up if you aren't already a user—and comment on this post with the name of your favorite Rolling Stones album. No live albums or greatest hits - tell us your favorite Stones studio album. Be sure to register with an email address you check regularly, because that's how we'll notify you if you are selected.
2) Mail us a letter or postcard with the name of your favorite Rolling Stones album, plus your contact info (email address, Twitter handle, or phone number) to AllMusic HQ, postmarked by Monday, November 10.
ATTN: Rolling Stones Live Giveaway
206 S. Main St., #225
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Or if you know you need these live albums and videos in your life regardless of our contest, the Live in L.A. and Hampton Coliseum sets are available via Amazon. For a preview, check out this live version of "Waiting on a Friend" from the Hampton Coliseum show.
• Giveaway begins Tuesday, November 4. Winners will be selected on Friday, November 14.
• Winner will be contacted via the contact info they provided, so be sure to register with a valid email address that you check regularly.
• If no response is received from winner within 72 hours, a new winner will be drawn from the pool of candidates.
• Must have a United States mailing address (due to taxes, customs regulations, and the complexity of international sweepstakes rules).
• Must be over 13 years of age to enter.
• One entry per household.
Are you a publicist or manager looking to do a giveaway through AllMusic? Drop us a line: email@example.com.