“He knew more about music than he did anything,” Jeannie says. “That’s why I drove when we went on trips. He was too distracted thinking about music. He couldn’t tie his shoes or balance a checkbook to save his ass – all the regular things people do. But give him a guitar, an amp, and an audience, and he would blow you away.”
The story, posted in honor of what would've been Koda's 65 birthday, also offers insights from folks like Commander Cody player-turned-alt-country artist Bill Kirchen.
Here are some of our favorite Cub Koda reviews -- we'd love to see yours in the comments, too:
• Muddy Waters - At Newport
• Robert Johnson - King of the Delta Blues Singers
• Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold as Love
• Chuck Berry - "Roll Over Beethoven"
• Elvis Presley - "Hound Dog"