John Jones' love of music started early: besides being given a record player and a stack of old 45s when he was three, the sounds of the Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, and Rufus & Chaka Khan were common around his childhood home, courtesy of his mother. She encouraged his interest in music, which led to John studying piano at age nine and continuing for ten years. Classically schooled but a fan of pop, John discovered jazz and R&B in high school, which helped shape the singer/songwriter he is today. Born in Chicago and currently living in Seattle, John keeps busy promoting his demo to labels and agencies, and cites Anita Baker, George Michael, and Carly Simon as primary influences. ~ John Jones
DESERT ISLAND LIST
1. Anita Baker, "Rapture"
2. Carly Simon, "Boys in the Trees"
3. The Beatles, "The White Album"
4. Sheryl Crow, "The Globe Sessions"
5. Incognito, "Positivity"
6. Julie London, "Julie at Home"
7. Sarah Vaughan, "Vaughan and Violins"
8. Holly Cole, "Temptation"
9. Mica Paris, "Black Angel"
10. Joni Mitchell, "Hejira"
11. Amy Grant, "Behind the Eyes"
12. Carole King, "Tapestry"